Retail plant sources
We are fortunate to live in an area that boasts many excellent garden centres and specialty nurseries. A number of these offer fine display gardens where you can see mature plants growing in a garden setting. If you know of other nurseries or garden centres that we failed to include and that you think deserve recognition, contact us by
e-mail or call 604-826-9195.
- Ferncliff Gardens, 8502 McTaggart St., Mission, 604-826-2447
One of the best selections of dahlias anywhere. Also carry irises, peonies, and daylilies. Visit the show gardens in season.
- Free Spirit Nursery, 20405 32 Avenue Langley, 604-533-7373
Check the schedule on their website for guided walks through their fabulous display gardens. A great source of unusual plants.
- The Heather Farm and Classic Miniature Roses, 604-823-6359
A mail-order source of 450 varieties of heaths and heathers and 270 varieties of container grown own-root miniature roses grown in the Fraser Valley.
- Homestead Nurseries Ltd., 31888 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, 604-854-6601
- Pacific Rim Native Plant Nursery, PO Box 413, Chilliwack, V2P 6J7, 604-792-9279
Specialize in hard-to-find plants from temperate places. Situated on top of Chilliwack Mountain, visits by appointment.
- Phoenix Perennials and Specialty Plants, 3380 No. 6 Road, Richmond, 604-270-4133
Distinct perennials, fragrant shrubs, hardy subtropicals, and the botanically intriguing. Many rare varieties. One of the largest selections in the Lower Mainland.
- Select Roses, 22771 - 38 Ave., Langley, 604-530-5786
A farm-style nursery that specializes in roses, many hybridized by owner and well known rose expert, Brad Jalbert. Fine display gardens.
- Tanglebank Country Gardens, 29985 Downes Road, Abbotsford, 604-859-9339
A family-owned cottage-style nursery that carries many varieties of perennials and shrubs, including new introductions. Stroll through their beautiful display gardens and visit with friendly, well-informed staff.